the nzeb trail: bpie report
« Following its main mission to contribute to the improvement of the buildings’ energy performance across Europe, BPIE started in December 2010 a study to support the EPBD implementation by developing a well-founded opinion on principles for nearly Zero-Energy Buildings, based on the current status and on existing concepts for low energy buildings.
The nZEB study is designed to lead to:
- a common understanding of the issue around nearly zero energy buildings;
- knowledge on possible solutions to pending questions;
- proposals for suitable definitions;
- a clear view on the effects of such definitions;
- a comparison of the results and recommendations for the steps towards common understanding of this term throughout of the EU. »
The report downloadable here was presented on November 9th 2011 at the Aeropolis II building (one of the largest passive office buildings in the Benelux), at a stone’s throw from the Elia New Schaerbeek building (one of the largest nzeb office buildings in the Benelux).